Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 6 -- Winter Quarters/Mormon Trail



Yesterday we had the wonderful opportunity to see Winter Quarters. Or at least where it used to be. We went on a small tour at the visitor's center there. The Sister Missionary (Sister Bauer) was super nice and super cute (according to Me and Meagan at least). After the visitor's center, we walked around the cemetery for a little while before continuing our journey. Then we went to go pick up some groceries from Walmart but due to some unfortunate check-out issues and lack of communication it took us roughly two hours to just get out of there. We then drove most of the way through Iowa, about 2 hours from Nauvoo, IL. We stayed at a nice little campsite (minus the toilets that my grandpa deemed "unusable") called Sharon Bluff. We had some insect problems and Meagan almost kidnapped a wild rabbit but other than that, the night was fine. I also saw my very first firefly, and that was a really cool thing. They were all in the bushes at the campground and looked like a bunch of blinking Christmas lights in the bushes. I loved it. We all slept great, ready to start the next day refreshed. Unfortunately today both me and Adam found that we got a present from last night's campground...poison oak. Nasty stuff and really, really itchy. Goodnight everyone, sleep well, and I'm pretty sure the bed bugs are all here with us, so don't even worry about them ;) Love you all!




Written By: Miranda


Pictures By: Meagan

2 comments:

  1. Ohh Miranda that sucks! Well its sounds like you are having quite the adventure. I also love Firefly's! I always see them in Iowa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are not really camping every night! That just sounded like tooooo much fun. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete