Thursday, July 9, 2009



Hey everyone! Lindsey here. Today was a slower day than most, because we split up. Grandpa and Gunther and I went fishing without strings, or hooks, or bait. Jo and Adam went to Mount Vernon, which is the home of George Washington, Grandma visited a friend, and Miranda took a sick day. We also got to watch Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End in the car. I have had loads of fun today (Day 2/Day 16).
Once I was a boy and I went to Mt. Vernon with Adam. Well it was actually today July 8th. Mt. Vernon was the home of George Washington. When we went there I didn’t think I would like it, but as it turned out it was pretty cool. Washington was actually really nice to his slaves and he even left his personal slave a sum in his will along with his slave’s freedom. Before this I had really cared less about Washington’s home life but I’ve gained a real interest in him now.
Written By: Lindsey and Jordan
Pictures By: Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment