Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 18 -- North Carolina (7/10/09)

Yesterday we all took a day trip down to North Carolina, primarily so that I (Miranda) could meet my roommate for college. The drive down was pleasant enough, there were a lot of trees and it was very scenic (the rest stops were also oddly nice.) We got to Laurie’s (My roommate’s) house in the afternoon and after just brief introductions, everyone else headed to the movies while I hung out with Laurie for a couple of hours. Grandma saw Night at the Museum 2, Grandpa, Lindsey and Gunther saw Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, and the boys went to see Transformers 2. Laurie showed me around Cary, the town where she lives. I met her mom, and her sister’s family. We also went to a couple of her favorite places. After she showed me around we just hung out in her room for a while. Everyone got done with their movies and then came to pick me up. We had dinner at Chick-fil-a and it was actually dress up like a cow, get free chicken day (unfortunately for us we didn’t know ahead of time.) Anyhow we picked the boys up from the movie theater because theirs took longer and then we headed back to the Culatta’s in Virginia. We made pretty good time and got home around midnight. Hope you all are doing well!
Written By: Miranda
Pictures By: Miranda


1 comment:

  1. Ohh that is so fun! She looks adorable, I'm super jealous! Have fun. Also I definitely texted you the other day, and got no reply. You fail. haha slash your phone better have died! I love you!

    ReplyDelete